Saturday, April 17, 2010

CLAMP: audio interface up and running

Hello all!

Its been a few weeks since my last post, and I apologize for my lag. Fieldwork has left me with not a lot of time for little updates like these. Its been alot of experimenting, outlining, screenshotting, praying, and writing on my part. But its (mostly) been a blast to do!

In under 36 hours I have to finish a rough draft of my research paper, so things can be a little crunched for time. It looks like a majority will be CLAMP condensed into one paper, but we'll see what happens.

I write this post to praise my reader, Mr. Adam Carpenter, who shares my love of making music and seems to genuinely support my efforts for this project. He has lent me his Tascam US-122 firmware audio/midi interface. You may be saying "Paul, you have the US-144 audio interface, why would you want something below?" In a word: compatibility. Linux drivers don't support the US-144 well enough yet, and they support the US-122 beautifully. Today I got it hooked up and running in under half an hour. The US-122 will make it possible for me to hook up things like quality microphones and ukuleles and basses to my computer. This is a very exciting moment for me, and its all possible thanks to my man Mr.Carpenter!

Don't worry Mr.C, I'll be taking good care of it.

-Paul

PS: here is the article I used to get the interface working:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/TASCAM_US-122

No comments:

Post a Comment