Monday, March 29, 2010

CLAMP rant

Sometimes, ignorance displeases me.

Since no one reads this and I know my teacher likes transparency, I thought I'd go ahead and rant.

I got a concise message about my project page. one of the two lines said this:
"calendar is good, but the weekend only work was curious."

I was called out on it in class, and I thought he was kidding. Apparently he was not.

Ok. Let this be known: just because I begin stuff on weekends doesn't mean they'll end on weekends. I fixed the problem so even morons can understand what I mean when I say "begin demo x" on friday.

I am insulted that anyone would think that I am doing weekend only work. The entire electronic music community should be insulted as well. Any person worth mentioning knows it can take weeks to create a worth while track. And thats using familiar software. I'm using over 20 different kinds of software. Most of these I have to learn how to use in a weeks time. On top of that, I have to make something musical out of it. You tell me again that that is weekend only work. I respect this dude alot, but if this man only went to my page describing what Demos were, I think it would be obvious to see that these take time.

As I said before, I've tailored my calender so that an audience failing to read and interpret my cryptic calenders can instead visually see that it takes time. But world, Id like to let you know that this was for you and not me.

My calenders and action plan can be seen at this address

The good news is that I got another bit of advice:
"also add some more details on interviews and such things"
I'll agree with that one. More details on my interviews will be publicly available as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment