Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Girls and Berklee

I was at a friends house this weekend, and we were talking about a friend of hers. She showed me pictures. She was quite beautiful. When she told me about how she wanted to find her a boyfriend, I was very very surprised. Allow me to explain why.

Berklee has a female population of 29%. It has always been low or nonexistent. Many of my classes (especially the more techy ones) have no girls at all. It is very apparent.

If you happen to be a single guy looking for a girlfriend going into berklee, shit gets worse than that. Sure, you might think 29% isn't the worst thing in the world. But that is assuming that all these girls are available. They aren't. Being a music school, they either found a really hot guitar player for a boyfriend, or they are too focused on their musical career to pay attention (or they are lesbians). Most of the time, it is the first one. I'm sorry my fellow single men, that pretty lady in your critical listening class is statistically not single. In fact, I have a rule that I use at berklee. If you are female, look it, and go to berklee, you are not single. Even the ugly ones have boyfriends.

Many guys in my situation just give up. Unless you got some serious game, you ain't gonna find a dame. Or they just go to BU or Northeastern to pick up chicks. Problem is, I'm not in the mood for picking up chicks. I (just) want a nice commitment. Not a quick hookup.

If my friends friend went to Berklee, she would have no trouble finding a boyfriend. It would be weirder if she didn't actually. In fact, I've been here long enough to find the concept of a girl who is single to be strange and foreign to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment